Using Selenity Expenses for fuel card processing
Award-winning expenses management software Selenity Expenses has extensive features for handling mileage claims particularly for clients using fuel cards.
The benefits include:
- Accurate recording of personal mileage
- Off-card and on-card fuel purchase reconciliation
- Multi-car management for instances when changing cars or using hire cars etc
If you look at the history of a claimant with fuel cards you will see several types of transaction, some of which are generated automatically. You will see:
- The fuel card payment
- Other fuel receipts
- Business mileage claims
- Personal mileage claims
- Amount of repayment (if any)
Additionally the odometer reading may be recorded.
When a company uses fuel cards it is often decided to allocate a card to be used for a single vehicle. This can give the best control and reporting but, various real life scenarios can occur. The scenarios can include: filling up without using the fuel card, getting a new card, changing vehicles, using the fuel card with the wrong car.
The questions that need to be raised in order to appropriately configure Selenity Expenses include:
- Will the fuel card payments be imported from the fuel card statement or manually by the claimant entering the receipts (as a fuel card receipt)?
- Will fuel cards be used for more than one vehicle?
- How do you currently manage personal miles? Companies use a number of models for handling personal miles that can significantly alter the decision on what is the appropriate process.