HMRC Fuel & Electricity Rates from 1st September 2020
Advisory Fuels Rates from 1st September 2020
HM Revenue & Customs have published their updated advisory fuel rates (AFR) for company car users, when you can use them, and how they are calculated.
The previous rates can be used for up to one month from the date the new rates apply - previous rates can be found here.
Petrol: Company car mileage rates from 1st September 2020
- Engine size 1400cc or less: 10p – unchanged
- 1401cc to 2000cc: 12p – 2p unchanged
- Over 2000cc: 17p – unchanged
Diesel: Company car mileage rates from 1st September 2020
- Engine size 1600cc or less: 8p – 2p increase
- 1601cc to 2000cc: 10p – 2p increase
- Over 2000cc: 12p – 1p increase
Hybrid fuelled company car mileage rates
- Drivers of petrol/electric hybrid cars should use the petrol rates.
- Drivers of diesel/electric hybrid cars should use the diesel rates.
LPG fuelled company car mileage rates from 1st September 2020
- Engine size 1400cc or less: 7p – 1p decrease
- 1401cc to 2000cc: 8p – 1p decrease
- Over 2000cc: 12p – unchanged
The Advisory Fuel Rate company car business mileage rates are to be used by company car drivers and should not be confused with Approved Mileage Allowance Payments.
Visit the HM Revenue & Customs website for more information and to see how they are calculated.
Advisory Electricity Rate
The Advisory Electricity Rate for fully electric cars is 4 pence per mile.
Electricity is not a fuel for car fuel benefit purposes.