IT Support & Network Specialist
Salary: £23K - £29K depending on experience
Team: Client Services
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Lincoln – United Kingdom
We’re looking for a new colleague to join our Service Desk & IT Team!
You will be someone that’s knowledgeable in managing networks, you love using a Microsoft tech stack and you strive to give the best experience to customers (our colleagues) by supporting their needs. Like most technical roles, solving challenges must be something you love.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Managing and maintaining our Internal IT infrastructure and network.
- Improving our colleague's IT experience by providing reactive and proactive support.
- Administrating some of our core software systems e.g. Salesforce, O365 Outlook/SharePoint/Teams, telephony…
- Sharing knowledge through a variety of channels and hosting training sessions for our colleagues on core software.
- Solving technical challenges and identifying the root cause.
- Researching tech trends and proposing/delivering better ways to shape our IT infrastructure.
- Automating everything possible to bring time gains and improved services.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Sharing and deploying your ideas to improve our infrastructure and service.
- Helping teams in our product support and production environment (operations support).
- Helping Selenity grow and getting involved in anything and everything where needed.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
Your Interpersonal Skills
- Fantastic communication – We’re after someone who loves to talk to customers (our colleagues) and share information through a variety of channels.
- Precise – We need someone who enjoys attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm – If you love what you do, this will show… Customer service, UX, IT & security are key areas.
- Confident individually and within a team – If your confident person when you’re taking on a tricky problem, it ignites confidence in others. You’ll also be able to make decisions.
Your IT Skills
- In depth experience of managing/running networks & infrastructure (preferable 3+ years) – You’ll be responsible for running and improving Selenity’s network.
- Strong knowledge with a Microsoft tech stack – Windows Server OS’s 2012, 2016 & 2019, Windows 10 OS’s, O365 suite, Azure, AD, Group Policy…
- Experience with monitoring tools to improve network performance & provide security.
- Security conscious with skill/experience in understanding and resolving vulnerabilities.
- Brilliant troubleshooting skills with the ability to methodically work to the root cause.
- Experience in automating anything and everything you can through scripting, software and code.
- Experience in a support environment providing all levels of support and confident in training.
- Experience in learning new technology quickly and sourcing knowledge using your own initiative.
WHAT WE’LL BRING
- A fun and sociable environment
- Full Pluralsight licence, giving you access to the entire library of courses for work and non-work related pursuits
- Great high spec computer/tech for you to use daily!
- A phone allowance
- 24 days annual leave plus your birthday off!
- Onsite parking
- Complimentary fruit
- Perkbox (Employee Benefits Platform)
- Employer contributing pension scheme
- Private health insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Social facilities and events
- Tuckshop (that accepts requests!)
- Access to Selenity’s hospitality box at Lincoln City FC
- Occasionally pet the office dog, Sweep
Selenity is a privately-owned company with online technologies for HR Case Management and Employee Expense Management. Our technologies are used by over 450 companies in the UK. We’ve grown fast and taken advantage of the very latest technologies to maintain our marketing leading position.
We get up in the morning to… Make a difference with our colleagues for our customers in our local community.
Our mission is to… Make expenses fun :-) Create a smooth employee relations experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Send us your CV along with a covering letter explaining how you meet the person specification through your experiences and skills.
Send your CV and covering letter to Selenity to register your interest
Download the PDF version for print