IT Support Engineer
Salary: £17k to £21k depending on experience
Team: IT & Ops Team within Client Services
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Lincoln – United Kingdom
If you’re after a new challenge, wanting your colleagues to become your mates and love IT, we have a role for you… We’re looking for a new colleague to join our IT & Operations Team. The role will focus on supporting our colleagues by delivering a seamless IT experience. You won’t need a wealth of experience in running networks, but you will need a love for wanting to know more & solving problems. You’ll have a variety of software to learn and an environment to monitor and in order to achieve all of this, we’ll put together a training plan for you. If you want to make a difference, apply!
This role is ideal for someone who has had a year+ IT experience but not essential if you can share your enthusiasm and already gained knowledge.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Supporting and maintaining our Internal IT infrastructure and network.
- Improving our colleague's IT experience by providing reactive and proactive support.
- Administrating some of our core software systems e.g. Salesforce, O365 Outlook/SharePoint/Teams, telephony…
- Sharing knowledge through a variety of channels and hosting training sessions for our colleagues on core software.
- Solving technical challenges and identifying the root cause.
- Researching tech trends and proposing/delivering better ways to shape our IT infrastructure.
- Automating everything possible to bring time gains and improved services.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Sharing and deploying your ideas to improve our infrastructure and service.
- Helping teams in our product support environment.
- Supporting our production environment to ensure optimal performance (this will come later in your training).
- Supporting our infrastructure(s) out of hours when needed in emergency situations (this will come later in your training).
- Helping Selenity grow and getting involved in anything and everything where needed.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
Your Interpersonal Skills
- Fantastic communication – We’re after someone who loves to talk to customers (our colleagues) and share information through a variety of channels.
- Precise – We need someone who enjoys attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm – If you love what you do, this will show… Customer service, UX, IT & security are key areas.
- Confident individually and within a team – If your confident person when you’re taking on a tricky problem, it ignites confidence in others. You’ll also be able to make decisions.
Your IT Skills
- The desire to learn everything humanly possible! This will incorporate a training plan, but a lot of self-teaching will be required. Basically, you love to learn…
- Some knowledge of networks & infrastructure – Your team is responsible for running and improving Selenity’s network.
- Knowledge of what a Microsoft tech stack comprises of within an IT network – Windows Server OS’s 2016 & 2019, Windows 10 OS’s, O365 suite, Azure, AD, Group Policy… We’ll put you on an internal training plan to up your knowledge.
- Security conscious as you’ll be in the world of IT.
- Great troubleshooting skills with the ability to methodically work to the root cause.
- An understanding of automating tasks to bring back efficiency gains.
- Experience in a support environment providing all levels of support and confident in training.
- Experience in learning new technology quickly and sourcing knowledge using your own initiative.
WHAT WE’LL BRING
- A fun and sociable environment
- Full Pluralsight licence, giving you access to the entire library of courses for work and non-work related pursuits
- Great high spec computer/tech for you to use daily!
- A phone allowance
- 24 days annual leave plus your birthday off!
- Onsite parking
- Complimentary fruit
- Perkbox (Employee Benefits Platform)
- Private health insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Social facilities and events
- Tuckshop (that accepts requests!)
- Access to Selenity’s hospitality box at Lincoln City FC
- Occasionally pet the office dog, Sweep
Selenity is a privately-owned company with online technologies for HR Case Management and Employee Expense Management. Our technologies are used by over 450 companies in the UK. We’ve grown fast and taken advantage of the very latest technologies to maintain our marketing leading position.
We get up in the morning to… Make a difference with our colleagues for our customers in our local community.
Our mission is to… Make expenses fun :-) Create a smooth employee relations experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Send us your CV along with a covering letter explaining how you meet the person specification through your experiences and skills.
Send your CV and covering letter to Selenity to register your interest
Download the PDF version for print